Oops! I’ve done it again, I’m halfway through the month and I haven’t done my October review or November goals – so we’re going to do it a little differently. I’m going to make a HUGE goals list and make it carry through to the end of the year (eek scary that it’s almost 2018). I had an awesome October – as per usual it absolutely flew by but I’ve definitely learned a lot and kept enjoying my time in Sydney.
So let’s review…
- Wash bedsheets – may or may not have crashed into bed wearing makeup after a night out and there’s a serious crime scene on my pillow. – YEP!! Took them to a dry-cleaner muahaha.
- Write at least 3 decent blog posts – as it seems last month’s goal of 4 was too steep. – Sure did – and more!
- Do two bedroom YouTube Yoga sessions per week (now that your work colleague has given you her old yoga mat) – Yeh look…
- Become confident at WEEKDAY afternoon editing and WEEKEND morning editing. – I can’t believe I am, but I am! Being a journalist you learn how much you can actually get done in the space of a minute haha!
- Eat two or more serves of vegetables every single day – my health has really been slipping, lets just say there’s been a lot of Weet-Bix, porridge and sushi – Still a fair bit of that trio… But I have certainly been trying. But seeing as these goals are a YES or NO answer. It has to be red.
- Focus on more succinct, snappy writing with no word repeating – and properly sub all bulletins – YEH
- Get back showreel and look at available casual presenting roles – Only got it back a few days ago – but love it!
- Buy a whiteboard for bedroom for goals and to-do-lists – Yep – great buy!
- Buy a piece of artwork from the Newtown store you like to hang in your bedroom – Still waiting for that disposable income (spent the last of it on two new pairs of glasses yesterday)
So it looks like I had a pretty darn successful month if you ask me – the failures are health and fitness (go figure). But I am planning on joining a gym this month so all should be fixed (see below for new goals)
- Join Anytime Fitness
- Do Christmassy crafts and activities (blog post coming soon)
- Create a Christmas playlist (blog post coming soon)
- Try to make story re-writes more different.
- Finish reading ‘EVERYBODY LIES’ and ‘THE EXAMINED LIFE’
- Pick one more book to read to reach the goal of four books read by the end of the year.
- Ask better interview questions. (more succinct, pressing, thought-out)
- Create two YouTube videos – and put some show-reel clips online.
- CLEAN bedroom.
- Meal prep once a week. (even if it’s only like 5 meals.)
- Book trip to Perth
- Be THE single best employee at 2SM.
I can’t think of anymore… is that bad?