- Why is the time wrong?
- Wait maybe it’s not wrong…
- Why didn’t my alarm go off?
- Who cares, you’re late regardless!
- I mean I’m late now anyway should I just take my time and get ready and have breakfast?
- Actually if I come in looking too well ‘put together’ it will look like such an illegitimate sleep-in.
- Maybe i’ll half get ready…
- Wow, I feel so well rested.
- I think i’ll book an appointment with Apple and try to get a new free phone because my alarm is clearly broken.
So yes, I slept in today. My 3am alarm for a 4am start, turned into a 5:57am freakout, for a 6:21am arrival. What I did learn, is a good track record for being on time really can help you out of rising waters – when your boss tells you ‘I didn’t expect you would deliberately do it so don’t worry about it.’ So all-in-all, i’ve survived. But I do feel a little crappy and guilty – and i’m staying an extra 2.5 hours.