It’s time for a monthly goals post – but first…
- Read more bulletins mistake free (I’m completely aware it really is nearly impossible not to make mistakes – but I do feel like sometimes I make silly ones. – yes, certainly not mistake free, but silly ones are slowly depleting.
- Pre-film three YouTube videos to get ahead. – I’ve put my channel on private for a while as full-time word takes it’s toll a little.
- Go on hour-long walks twice a week – the weather is really starting to warm up here now so hopefully this will be increasingly easier – yes!
- Learn how to run a shift as news editor – putting together bulletins, e-mail system, timings for finance changes – yes!
- Write at least four blog posts (not including this) before the end of the month – 25% success (so a fail)
- Get bed sheets and pillow cases dry-cleaned and pressed – gotta look after the Sheridan – Washed, probably already due for another
- Tidy and organise my fridge and pantry – Not really
- Sweep and organise the backyard – I did this, it was so amazing and therapeutic, and then all the wind blew all of the leaves back onto the paving which really annoyed me! But all in all, I did actually complete the goal.
- Wash bedsheets – may or may not have crashed into bed wearing makeup after a night out and there’s a serious crime scene on my pillow.
- Write at least 3 decent blog posts – as it seems last month’s goal of 4 was too steep.
- Do two bedroom YouTube Yoga sessions per week (now that your work colleague has given you her old yoga mat)
- Become confident at WEEKDAY afternoon editing and WEEKEND morning editing.
- Eat two or more serves of vegetables every single day – my health has really been slipping, lets just say there’s been a lot of Weet-Bix, porridge and sushi.
- Focus on more succinct, snappy writing with no word repeating – and properly sub all bulletins.
- Get back showreel and look at available casual presenting roles.
- Buy a whiteboard for bedroom for goals and to-do-lists.
- Buy a piece of artwork from the Newtown store you like to hang in your bedroom.
Once again, work is a main focus and priority, but with my journalism skills really coming along I think it’s best to keep the ball rolling. I feel stronger all the time at work and it will be good when I can conquer most shifts alone.
Another life update is that I finished shooting my showreel. I should get it back in less than one month. I’m not quite sure what happens from there but I do know I was never going to get any jobs I wanted without one.