Oh goodness, the first challenge of my 30 days and I’m already about to divulge the true key to my heart. I guess this could have been taken in more of a ‘friendship’ approach, but I definitely think the more interesting direction to take, is how prospective ‘lovers’ could win my affection.
- Good Food – I know what you’re thinking. Surprise f***ing surprise – just like any other food-yet-weightloss-obsessed female. Well fine, if you want to categorise me, you may. But it’s just so true! There’s just nothing better than being treated to awesome foods, flavours and dining experiences. I’m not talking fine dining, but I’m not talking local pub. I am a real sucker for new up-scale pub-style restaurants or tapas bars, just anything that’s new, exciting and has great food and a good vibe. I think it’s also important the guy involved enjoys it as much as I do.
- Reliability – If you say you’re going to be there at 5, be there at 5.
- Ambition – Ambition is sexy. It just is. You can’t expect me to be attracted to you if you’re just gliding through life with no goals, prospects or direction. I never said success, I don’t care about success (not yet anyway). All I look for in a man is ambition – and a rough plan to make things happen. I love being ambitious, I think it makes your life so much more meaningful.
- A Positive outlook – I hate negative energy so much. I am an emotional leach, meaning my mood changes according to the people I am around, or the energy of a room. So obviously, I really don’t want to be surrounded by someone who’s constantly complaining, nit-picking small problems in their surroundings or consistently arguing stupid and unnecessary points. I like people who can pick their battles, and try to see the good in every situation.
- Relaxed – Being the fairly (and admittedly) stressed out person that I am. It’s so nice to have calming people to tell me everything’s going to be ok. People that don’t get as caught up in the little things that I sometimes do, and are confident that things will work out. It’s like that ‘ying and yang‘ thing – someone to balance me out a little.
That being said, they’re just five things that really help. One of my old housemates told me, relationships are about chemistry and timing and that two people have to have both, for something to work. It’s so true.