Oh goodness, we’re a third of the way through the month already!? Where does time go? I remember my first week here seemed to drag on and on. Just seven days into the move it felt like a century, but looking back, I couldn’t bloody tell you where my last three weeks have gone. I’ve now been living in Sydney for over a month (by one day haha!) Besides the month ticking over, I do think its the right time to re-assess my goals and where I’m at. I find if I forget to stop and re-assess things sometimes I find myself becoming complacent, routined and slightly uninspired.
So if you want a more detailed look at my July goals click here.
But here’s a brief look so we can see how I’ve fared. NB: I don’t take not completing a goal as failing, I just see it as something to continue to strive for.
- Find a room I can make my own space in a house I can comfortably call home – A well and truly accomplished goal.
- Put my best foot forward at my new job – Tick!
- Exercise for one hour twice a week – Look, I’m not sure if i’m trying to convince myself of this one, but I walk around 25 minutes (each way) around six times per week for work depending on my hours… half marks?
- Prepare healthy meals for lunch in advance to save money – Must get my meal prep on…
- Upload one well-planned YouTube video per week – I guess ‘well’ is the operative word but I’m gonna say – success!
- Take my camera everywhere and take more original photos for my blog – Mmmm… no
- Store all of my photos and documents using iCloud – To be 100% honest I think my new computer does this for me…
OKAY – Pretty happy with that… can’t complain really! Now to set some new things.
- Read the majority of my news bulletins, completely mistake-free!
- Write engaging, succinct and entertaining scripts for my show-reel.
- Upload two more well-edited ‘Vlog’ style videos to my YouTube channel.
- Learn how to put together bulletins and learn off-by-heart the lengths, times and schedules by which they run.
- Write faster at work.
- Ask more insightful, probing and educated interview questions at work.
- Write at least two longer opinion-based blog posts.
- Go on a one hour designated walk (where you wear exercise gear!) once per week.
- Feel self confident every single day.
- Cook your favourite + really delicious couscous salad to take to work.
Given I’ve now only got 20 days to accomplish these goals, some of them (the numerated ones) are probably set a little lower than i’d have done if I got around to this review at the start of the month. But such is life!