It’s now exactly a week until D-day. The day I pack up my life and move it to the other side of the country for a journalism job in Sydney, New South Wales. Oh, and would you look at that, it’s also a fresh new month! Given these two factors, I felt it was the perfect time to establish some goals for July… and for the remainder of 2017.
My July Goals:
- Find a room I can make my own space in a house I can comfortably call home – This really is the main goal on my agenda at the moment. I spend my free time patrolling Flatmate Finder and Facebook syndicates, just searching for the perfect (yet affordable) place to live in Sydney.
- Put my best foot forward at my new job – I want to work hard to improve my speed and accuracy as a radio journalist.
- Exercise for one hour twice a week – I’ve really dropped the ball on exercise lately. Quite unbelievably I haven’t set foot inside a gym since I traveled to Singapore in April this year.
- Prepare healthy meals for lunch in advance to save money – I love being organised and preparing meals in advance. I think my new job, consistent hours and new home (eventually) will really push me to get in a routine with my eating.
- Write two blog posts every week – At least!
- Upload one well-planned YouTube video per week – I feel like my channel has a lot of potential, if I can really hone in on a purpose and audience. It’s all a learning curve at the moment.
- Take my camera everywhere and take more original photos for my blog – I want all the photos I post on here to be creative, beautiful and original
- Store all of my photos and documents using iCloud – Isn’t it nice to have everything in one place?