Mars Bar Slice has literally got to be one of the simplest, yet delicious and satisfying treats in the entire world. I decided to make Mars Bar slice today, initially after seeing that the Mars Bars were on sale at Coles for $1 each. I was inspired to bake as tomorrow marks the last day I will work with our breakfast radio team before I fly out to Sydney (but any excuse to bake, right?).
As per usual I was pretty strapped for time today so the less-than-20-minute prep time really made life much easier! Once you’re done with the assembly you simply whack it in the fridge, no cooking necessary! I just love how Mars Bar slice cuts, you don’t need a hot blade or a freezing cold slice, a clean, sharp knife separates the slab into perfectly crisp squares of chewy and rich-yet-creamy caramel-covered rice puffs.
Try it yourself – I can assure you it won’t disappoint!
- 4 x Mars Bars
- 200g Milk Chocolate
- 3 Cups Rice Bubbles
- 70g Butter
- 1T Golden Syrup
- Line a 23cm x 23cm cake tin with grease-proof paper that overhangs the edges slightly.
- Chop up the Mars Bars into 1-2cm-sized pieces.
- Place the Rice Bubbles in a large heat-proof bowl along with a quarter of the chopped Mars Bar
- Melt 50g of butter, the Golden Syrup, along with the remaining three-quarters of the chopped Mars Bar in a pan over a low heat, stirring constantly, then set aside
- Stir in this mixture to the Rice Bubble mixture until well combined
- Press flat into the lined tin (make sure you get into the corners and try to make it completely level).
- Place into fridge to chill for 45-60 minutes.
- Melt remaining 20g of butter and all the milk chocolate together (preferably over a bain-marie as chocolate can be temperamental)
- Smooth this melted mixture over the top of the set Rice Bubble mixture
- Set for a further 30 minutes
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Check out my YouTube Channel to see how my Mars-Barrrr-illiant day went!